Skip to main content

Hey there little scooter



                                                         

If you have ever been in Wal-Mart or Lowe's, you have likely seen people driving comfortably through the store, riding one of those little battery-operated scooters. They are great if you are a person who has difficulties standing too long or walking around on hard concrete floors carrying a can of paint and your new cordless drill. Seriously, problems with your knees, back or walking can be a strain (comes with age.) Eventually, you might enjoy taking advantage of these one of these nice conveniences provided by many of the larger retailers. 

I used to think my ego wouldn't allow me to get on one of those in public! I'm not that handicapped, I would say to myself! Poo! What is my real handicap, sore knees, or a stymied mental attitude about what other people think? 

A year ago, I asked my doctor if he could give me a prescription for a scooter. I wanted one of my own. He said, no, not legal unless I was seriously handicapped - I am not. I just need to take some strain off my old knees. Besides, kings and pharaohs used to get carried around by their slaves, and that looked kind of cool! Anyway, my doctor told me if I really wanted a mobility scooter, I would have to pay for one myself. So, I did!

My little scooter is a VIVO four-wheeler. I call it "My Little Corvette." It's silver and blue and will go just about anywhere I want to go! I ordered it from Amazon. Simple to disassemble-re-assemble and put in back of our SUV. Why, I even to took it aboard ship on our last Royal Caribbean cruise. On that trip there were at least 7-8 other scooting pharaohs like me who brought theirs on board. Having it was so easy, making our trip so much nicer! Should you decide to get one, I know you will be glad you did.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"We Need Life Flight!"

"We need Life Flight!" Desperate words when lives are in serious danger! It happens, all too often, especially in bad weather, traffic accidents or when a family member suffers a stroke or has seriously injured themselves. Memorial Hermann Life Flight is based in Houston, Texas and provides critical care medical air transport services within 150-mile radius of the Texas Medical Center located in Houston, Texas. Founded in 1976 by James "Red" Duke, MD the service operates around the clock - weather permitting - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Life Flight is able to transport up to two patients at a time, with each flight staffed by highly skilled personnel and equipped with advanced emergency equipment and necessary medications. There is so much more to know about Memorial Hermann Life Flight you will enjoy visiting their web page which I provide here. ( My accurate source of this important information and yours.) https://memorialhermann.org/services/specialties/tr...

Sleeping with a Fan -- or Not

I'm not a fan of sleeping with a fan -- especially, all night long! My wife is, and that's all I'm going to say about that! Best I don't go there, so I am changing the subject! What about dreams? What are they? Why do we have them? Are dreams real? Let's see, here's what I can report about dreams. "In your dreams!" Now, that's funny! When we dream, we get to act out what we probably wouldn't do in reality. That ca n be fun! In the 19th century, Sigmund Freud pioneered the study of dreams. However, in spite of all the advanced research done with science, through the years, and since then, we still don't know everything about dreams or why we have them.  Here's what I have discovered in my research on the subject of dreams : Typically, we spend about two hours each night dreaming. Our dreams can last anywhere from 5-20 minutes each. Sometimes, it seems, I dream all night long. Other times, I may not dream at all. I don't always rememb...

Get away to New Iberia

                                              Founded by Spaniards in 1779 on the banks of the Bayou Teche, New Iberia eventually became home to French settlers known as Acadians, who had been driven from Nova Scotia by British troops. The Acadians, who in their new home became known as Cajuns. When my dad, who worked for an oil company, got transferred to New Iberia from Houston, we had to move from the big city to this small country town in south Louisiana. A culture shock for me! I was 15 years old back then and had to leave all my friends back home in Houston. I eventually, made new ones in my new "hometown." It was tough! However, I wound up loving New Iberia and all my new Cajun friends. My mother was a nurse; she found work with the Jefferson Island Salt Co. on nearby Avery Island - it was one of the biggest employers in the area at the time. How do you get to New Ib...